Seeing that the only tree nuts farmed commercially in South Africa are pecan and macadamia nuts, walnuts
are imported from countries like the USA and Romania. Here at MultiSnack, we process and package these tasty imported nuts and make it available for wholesaling. We have minimum order quantities that apply for orders, please see our orders
page for this information.
Walnuts are one of the oldest nuts known to mankind and are said to have been around since 7000 BCE. They contain a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids and are therefore considered as a ‘brain food.’ Furthermore, these nuts are also full of much needed minerals, nutrients, proteins, dietary fibre, and carbohydrates. Another great benefit of having walnuts close by as a midday snack is that it is known for giving an energy boost.
We offer roasted, plain, salted, spiced, and candied walnuts at MultiSnack. With its delicious, nutty taste, walnuts are the ideal additive to many recipes. Some popular ways of adding walnuts to everyday dishes include:
- • Adding shredded pieces of walnut to chicken or fish dishes before cooking.
- • Grounding up walnuts to a powder, which is then sprinkled over salads, or any other dish.
- • Adding walnuts to desserts for a rich, nutty flavour.
- • Add walnuts to your yoghurt, with berries, for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
- • Walnuts are also used to make oil and butter, which add a unique and nutty taste to any dish.